Drug Crime Attorney in San Juan Capistrano CA
Choose an Experienced Drug Crime Attorney in San Juan Capistrano CA
When you are looking for the right drug crime attorney in San Juan Capistrano CA, there are a few things to consider. However, you will not find a better option than Simmons Wagner, LLP. With our experience both as prosecutors and as defense attorneys, with our impressive knowledge of drug crimes, and with our total commitment to our clients, you have found the best. Call us now at (949) 439-5857 to request a free legal consultation.
Choose a Drug Crime Attorney in San Juan Capistrano CA Who Can Handle All Levels of Drug Crimes
There are many different federal classifications of drug crimes, which are broken up into schedules. The closer the schedule is to one, the higher it is – and the more serious the potential penalty is. Here are the federal classifications of drug crimes:
- The government considers these drugs to have no “legitimate medical use,” to be highly addictive, and to be the most dangerous of all drugs. Examples include heroin, LSD, and mescaline. At a federal level, marijuana remains a Schedule I drug as well.
- Drugs that the government considers might have a legitimate medical use but are highly abused and very addictive, such as cocaine, opium, amphetamines, methadone, and methamphetamines.
- Drugs with a moderate risk of abuse/addiction, but that the government considers less dangerous, are Schedule III. Examples include ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone, and specific depressants.
- Drugs with medical use and only mildly addictive, such as clonazepam, tranquilizers, and sedatives, are Schedule IV drugs.
- Not highly addictive or likely to be abused, Schedule V includes Tylenol with codeine and other similar prescription drugs.
Of course, state laws are quite different. This is why you need an experienced drug crime attorney in San Juan Capistrano CA on your side.
Your Potential Penalty Will Depend Partially on the Specific Charge
The seriousness of a particular drug crime will depend on the schedule of the drug as well as the specific charge. For example, possession for personal use is likely to result in a much more lenient punishment versus a charge for drug trafficking. Some of the drug charges you can get help with include:
- DUI of drugs
- Drug possession
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Sale/transportation of drugs
- Drug manufacturing
- Prescription fraud
Remember that in Simmons Wagner, LLP, you have found a drug crime attorney in San Juan Capistrano CA who can help with it all.
You Deserve a Specialized Defense and We Are Here to Provide It
The most important thing to consider when hiring a drug crime attorney in San Juan Capistrano CA is how well they can defend you – and that is largely based on how willing they are to give your case the attention it deserves. You need an attorney who will provide a specialized defense. You have found that in Simmons Wagner, LLP. Call Simmons Wagner, LLP at (949) 439-5857 for your free consultation.