Drug Crime Attorney in Anaheim CA
You Have Found an Experienced Drug Crime Attorney in Anaheim CA
If you have been charged with a drug crime, then it is essential you find the right drug crime attorney in Anaheim CA. That is who you have found in Simmons Wagner, LLP. We are experienced as both prosecutors and defense attorneys, and we know how to use that dual background to your benefit. We are committed to our clients and will not rest until we have found the best possible outcome for your case. Call now at (949) 439-5857 to request a free consultation.
Your Drug Crime Attorney in Anaheim CA Should Be Able to Help with Any Classification of Drug Crime
The federal government has split up drugs into schedules based on how serious the government believes the drug to be. The higher the schedule, the more serious the penalty. The schedules are as follows:
- The government considers these drugs to have no “legitimate medical use,” to be highly addictive, and to be the most dangerous of all drugs. Examples include heroin, LSD, and mescaline. At a federal level, marijuana remains a Schedule I drug as well.
- Drugs that the government considers might have a legitimate medical use but are highly abused and very addictive, such as cocaine, opium, amphetamines, methadone, and methamphetamines.
- Drugs with a moderate risk of abuse/addiction, but that the government considers less dangerous, are Schedule III. Examples include ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone, and specific depressants.
- Drugs with medical use and only mildly addictive, such as clonazepam, tranquilizers, and sedatives, are Schedule IV drugs.
- Not highly addictive or likely to be abused, Schedule V includes Tylenol with codeine and other similar prescription drugs.
Note that these are federal laws – state laws can differ. Most important, marijuana is treated very different at the state level than at the federal level.
We Are Standing by to Help with Any Type of Drug Charge
In addition to many drug schedules that could affect your case, there are also many types of specific charges that make a big difference in how you are charged and any eventual penalties you might face. Some of the most common charges prosecutors file include:
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Drug possession
- Drug manufacturing
- DUI of drugs
- Sale/transportation of drugs
- Prescription fraud
Of course, we can help with additional charges. Know that if you need a drug crime attorney in Anaheim CA, we can help.
Call a Drug Crime Attorney in Anaheim CA Today
Now is the right time to contact a drug crime attorney in Anaheim CA to find out what your options are. When you Call Simmons Wagner, LLP at (949) 439-5857 for a free legal consultation, we can go over the facts, discuss the evidence, and give you our legal opinion on your best options. Call now and we can get started right away.