Universities and colleges across California are under a lot of pressure to safeguard their students from sexual misbehavior, harassment, and gender-based discrimination for a variety of reasons. Schools that do to comply with Title IX risk losing federal funds, which is only one of the reasons why these allegations are likely to be taken seriously.
If you or your child has been accused of breaching Title IX, the school will likely pursue the matter vigorously. There is even bias against the accused in some circumstances. You must have a trained and experienced Title IX defense attorney on your side to ensure that your rights are safeguarded.
From the beginning, we shall battle tenaciously
When you pick Simmons Wagner, LLP to represent you in a case involving college student offenses, you can expect us to move fast to intervene as soon as possible. Why? Because even being accused with this type of crime, let alone being convicted of it, may be humiliating. We’ll do the following right away when we start working with you:
- Examine the charges leveled against you.
- Assist you in preparing your remarks so that you can relate your experience without accidentally admitting to something that could be used against you.
- Provide you with an unbiased assessment of your alternatives, which may include contesting the allegations or admitting guilt in exchange for a less severe punishment.
- Examine the evidence stacked against you.
- Assist you in presenting yourself and acting at any hearings.
When it comes to finding a criminal defense attorney that can assist with Title IX issues, you do have a lot of options. At the Simmons Wagner, LLP, on the other hand, you’ll be working with a firm that specializes in university and college disciplinary issues. With our many years of experience with a wide range of criminal accusations, we can find the best way to defend you and assist you from the criminal process to disciplinary actions.
Call now for a free legal consultation
If you have been charged with or accused of a Title IX violation, we recommend you contact Simmons Wagner, LLP at (949) 439-5857 as soon as possible. We will begin by looking at the charges against you and listen to your side of the story. From there we can assess the evidence and determine the best way forward. Call us now to get started.