Drug Crime Attorney in Tustin CA
Talk to a Drug Crime Attorney in Tustin CA Today
There is no time to lose – if you have been accused of or charged with a drug-related offense then we highly recommend you contact a drug crime attorney in Tustin CA today. Keep reading to learn why Simmons Wagner, LLP is the best choice, and then contact us at (949) 439-5857 to request your free consultation.
Choose a Drug Crime Attorney in Tustin CA Who Can Handle All Levels of Drug Crimes
There are many different federal classifications of drug crimes, which are broken up into schedules. The closer the schedule is to one, the higher it is – and the more serious the potential penalty is. Here are the federal classifications of drug crimes:
- The government considers these drugs to have no “legitimate medical use,” to be highly addictive, and to be the most dangerous of all drugs. Examples include heroin, LSD, and mescaline. At a federal level, marijuana remains a Schedule I drug as well.
- Drugs that the government considers might have a legitimate medical use but are highly abused and very addictive, such as cocaine, opium, amphetamines, methadone, and methamphetamines.
- Drugs with a moderate risk of abuse/addiction, but that the government considers less dangerous, are Schedule III. Examples include ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone, and specific depressants.
- Drugs with medical use and only mildly addictive, such as clonazepam, tranquilizers, and sedatives, are Schedule IV drugs.
- Not highly addictive or likely to be abused, Schedule V includes Tylenol with codeine and other similar prescription drugs.
Of course, state laws are quite different. This is why you need an experienced drug crime attorney in Tustin CA on your side.
What Kind of Drug Charge Are You Facing?
There are two main issues that will affect what penalties you might be facing. First will be the schedule of the drug involved, as discussed above. Second will be the particular crime you are accused of. Some of the drug charges we handle most commonly include:
- DUI of drugs
- Drug possession
- Drug manufacturing
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Sale/transportation of drugs
- Prescription fraud
Know that if you are facing a charge you do not see listed, Simmons Wagner, LLP is still the best drug crime attorney in Tustin CA – just call us at (949) 439-5857 to get started.
Call Today for a Specialized Defense from a Drug Crime Attorney in Tustin CA
The fact is simple: there is no single defense option that works for all of these drug charges. Your case might involve a case of mistaken identity or planted evidence. It might be the case that the police did not properly handle the evidence against you and that it can therefore not be legally used against you. It might be that you are guilty of the crime and need an attorney who will fight for the best possible outcome. For any and all drug charges, Call Simmons Wagner, LLP is the one to call – (949) 439-5857.