Drug Crime Attorney in Orange County CA
Choose an Experienced Drug Crime Attorney in Orange County CA
When you are looking for the right drug crime attorney in Orange County CA, there are a few things to consider. However, you will not find a better option than Simmons Wagner, LLP. With our experience both as prosecutors and as defense attorneys, with our impressive knowledge of drug crimes, and with our total commitment to our clients, you have found the best. Call us now at (949) 439-5857 to request a free legal consultation.
Choose a Drug Crime Attorney in Orange County CA Who Can Handle All Levels of Drug Crimes
There are many different federal classifications of drug crimes, which are broken up into schedules. The closer the schedule is to one, the higher it is – and the more serious the potential penalty is. Here are the federal classifications of drug crimes:
- The government considers these drugs to have no “legitimate medical use,” to be highly addictive, and to be the most dangerous of all drugs. Examples include heroin, LSD, and mescaline. At a federal level, marijuana remains a Schedule I drug as well.
- Drugs that the government considers might have a legitimate medical use but are highly abused and very addictive, such as cocaine, opium, amphetamines, methadone, and methamphetamines.
- Drugs with a moderate risk of abuse/addiction, but that the government considers less dangerous, are Schedule III. Examples include ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone, and specific depressants.
- Drugs with medical use and only mildly addictive, such as clonazepam, tranquilizers, and sedatives, are Schedule IV drugs.
- Not highly addictive or likely to be abused, Schedule V includes Tylenol with codeine and other similar prescription drugs.
Of course, state laws are quite different. This is why you need an experienced drug crime attorney in Orange County CA on your side.
We Are Standing by to Help with Any Type of Drug Charge
In addition to many drug schedules that could affect your case, there are also many types of specific charges that make a big difference in how you are charged and any eventual penalties you might face. Some of the most common charges prosecutors file include:
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Drug possession
- Drug manufacturing
- DUI of drugs
- Sale/transportation of drugs
- Prescription fraud
Of course, we can help with additional charges. Know that if you need a drug crime attorney in Orange County CA, we can help.
We Are Ready to Act as Your Drug Crime Attorney in Orange County CA
There is no reason to wait to contact Simmons Wagner, LLP at (949) 439-5857 to learn how we can help you. The sooner you contact us, the sooner you will have a drug crime attorney in Orange County CA fighting for you. In fact, if you have not yet had charges filed against you, we might be able to prevent them from ever being filed. Call today to find out how we can help.