Drug Crime Attorney in Orange CA
Do You Know What to Look for in a Drug Crime Attorney in Orange CA?
When you are in need of a drug crime attorney in Orange CA, you want to look for an attorney with experience, an attorney who can help with all types of drug crimes, and an attorney who will always keep you up to date on your case. You will find this and much more in Simmons Wagner, LLP. Call us now at (949) 439-5857 to request a free legal consultation.
There Are Five Drug Classifications
One of the factors that will determine the penalties you face for any drug conviction is which schedule the drug was considered to be. The federal government decides this, and the schedules are:
- The government considers these drugs to have no “legitimate medical use,” to be highly addictive, and to be the most dangerous of all drugs. Examples include heroin, LSD, and mescaline. At a federal level, marijuana remains a Schedule I drug as well.
- Drugs that the government considers might have a legitimate medical use but are highly abused and very addictive, such as cocaine, opium, amphetamines, methadone, and methamphetamines.
- Drugs with a moderate risk of abuse/addiction, but that the government considers less dangerous, are Schedule III. Examples include ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone, and specific depressants.
- Drugs with medical use and only mildly addictive, such as clonazepam, tranquilizers, and sedatives, are Schedule IV drugs.
- Not highly addictive or likely to be abused, Schedule V includes Tylenol with codeine and other similar prescription drugs.
These federal laws can directly contract with state laws, as is true of marijuana laws in California. This is one of the reasons you need an experienced drug crime attorney in Orange CA.
Choose a Drug Crime Attorney in Orange CA who is Experienced with All Types of Drug Crimes
Just as there are many schedules of drug crimes, there are also many types of charges. When you choose Simmons Wagner, LLP, you are choosing an attorney who can help with them all, including:
- Drug possession
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- DUI of drugs
- Sale/transportation of drugs
- Drug manufacturing
- Prescription fraud
Are you facing a drug crime charge for something you do not see listed? Contact us right away, we can likely help.
We Are Ready to Act as Your Drug Crime Attorney in Orange CA
There is no reason to wait to Call Simmons Wagner, LLP at (949) 439-5857 to learn how we can help you. The sooner you contact us, the sooner you will have a drug crime attorney in Orange CA fighting for you. In fact, if you have not yet had charges filed against you, we might be able to prevent them from ever being filed. Call today to find out how we can help.