Drug Crime Attorney in Newport Coast CA
Choose an Experienced Drug Crime Attorney in Newport Coast CA
When you are looking for the right drug crime attorney in Newport Coast CA, there are a few things to consider. However, you will not find a better option than Simmons Wagner, LLP. With our experience both as prosecutors and as defense attorneys, with our impressive knowledge of drug crimes, and with our total commitment to our clients, you have found the best. Call us now at (949) 439-5857 to request a free legal consultation.
Choose a Drug Crime Attorney in Newport Coast CA Who Can Handle All Levels of Drug Crimes
There are many different federal classifications of drug crimes, which are broken up into schedules. The closer the schedule is to one, the higher it is – and the more serious the potential penalty is. Here are the federal classifications of drug crimes:
- The government considers these drugs to have no “legitimate medical use,” to be highly addictive, and to be the most dangerous of all drugs. Examples include heroin, LSD, and mescaline. At a federal level, marijuana remains a Schedule I drug as well.
- Drugs that the government considers might have a legitimate medical use but are highly abused and very addictive, such as cocaine, opium, amphetamines, methadone, and methamphetamines.
- Drugs with a moderate risk of abuse/addiction, but that the government considers less dangerous, are Schedule III. Examples include ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone, and specific depressants.
- Drugs with medical use and only mildly addictive, such as clonazepam, tranquilizers, and sedatives, are Schedule IV drugs.
- Not highly addictive or likely to be abused, Schedule V includes Tylenol with codeine and other similar prescription drugs.
Of course, state laws are quite different. This is why you need an experienced drug crime attorney in Newport Coast CA on your side.
What Kind of Drug Charge Are You Facing?
There are two main issues that will affect what penalties you might be facing. First will be the schedule of the drug involved, as discussed above. Second will be the particular crime you are accused of. Some of the drug charges we handle most commonly include:
- DUI of drugs
- Drug possession
- Drug manufacturing
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Sale/transportation of drugs
- Prescription fraud
Know that if you are facing a charge you do not see listed, Simmons Wagner, LLP is still the best drug crime attorney in Newport Coast CA – just call us at (949) 439-5857 to get started.
You Deserve a Specialized Defense and We Are Here to Provide It
The most important thing to consider when hiring a drug crime attorney in Newport Coast CA is how well they can defend you – and that is largely based on how willing they are to give your case the attention it deserves. You need an attorney who will provide a specialized defense. You have found that in Simmons Wagner, LLP. Contact Simmons Wagner, LLP at (949) 439-5857 for your free consultation.