Drug Crime Attorney in Newport Beach CA
Do You Know What to Look for in a Drug Crime Attorney in Newport Beach CA?
When you are in need of a drug crime attorney in Newport Beach CA, you want to look for an attorney with experience, an attorney who can help with all types of drug crimes, and an attorney who will always keep you up to date on your case. You will find this and much more in Simmons Wagner, LLP. Call us now at (949) 439-5857 to request a free legal consultation.
There Are Five Drug Classifications
One of the factors that will determine the penalties you face for any drug conviction is which schedule the drug was considered to be. The federal government decides this, and the schedules are:
- The government considers these drugs to have no “legitimate medical use,” to be highly addictive, and to be the most dangerous of all drugs. Examples include heroin, LSD, and mescaline. At a federal level, marijuana remains a Schedule I drug as well.
- Drugs that the government considers might have a legitimate medical use but are highly abused and very addictive, such as cocaine, opium, amphetamines, methadone, and methamphetamines.
- Drugs with a moderate risk of abuse/addiction, but that the government considers less dangerous, are Schedule III. Examples include ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone, and specific depressants.
- Drugs with medical use and only mildly addictive, such as clonazepam, tranquilizers, and sedatives, are Schedule IV drugs.
- Not highly addictive or likely to be abused, Schedule V includes Tylenol with codeine and other similar prescription drugs.
These federal laws can directly contract with state laws, as is true of marijuana laws in California. This is one of the reasons you need an experienced drug crime attorney in Newport Beach CA.
We Are Standing by to Help with Any Type of Drug Charge
In addition to many drug schedules that could affect your case, there are also many types of specific charges that make a big difference in how you are charged and any eventual penalties you might face. Some of the most common charges prosecutors file include:
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Drug possession
- Drug manufacturing
- DUI of drugs
- Sale/transportation of drugs
- Prescription fraud
Of course, we can help with additional charges. Know that if you need a drug crime attorney in Newport Beach CA, we can help.
Call Today for a Specialized Defense from a Drug Crime Attorney in Newport Beach CA
The fact is simple: there is no single defense option that works for all of these drug charges. Your case might involve a case of mistaken identity or planted evidence. It might be the case that the police did not properly handle the evidence against you and that it can therefore not be legally used against you. It might be that you are guilty of the crime and need an attorney who will fight for the best possible outcome. For any and all drug charges, Call Simmons Wagner, LLP is the one to call – (949) 439-5857.