Drug Crime Attorney in Mission Viejo CA
Do You Know What to Look for in a Drug Crime Attorney in Mission Viejo CA?
When you are in need of a drug crime attorney in Mission Viejo CA, you want to look for an attorney with experience, an attorney who can help with all types of drug crimes, and an attorney who will always keep you up to date on your case. You will find this and much more in Simmons Wagner, LLP. Call us now at (949) 439-5857 to request a free legal consultation.
Your Drug Crime Attorney in Mission Viejo CA Should Be Able to Help with Any Classification of Drug Crime
The federal government has split up drugs into schedules based on how serious the government believes the drug to be. The higher the schedule, the more serious the penalty. The schedules are as follows:
- Schedule I. The government considers these drugs to have no “legitimate medical use,” to be highly addictive, and to be the most dangerous of all drugs. Examples include heroin, LSD, and mescaline. At a federal level, marijuana remains a Schedule I drug as well.
- Schedule II. Drugs that the government considers might have a legitimate medical use but are highly abused and very addictive, such as cocaine, opium, amphetamines, methadone, and methamphetamines.
- Schedule III. Drugs with a moderate risk of abuse/addiction, but that the government considers less dangerous, are Schedule III. Examples include ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone, and specific depressants.
- Schedule IV. Drugs with medical use and only mildly addictive, such as clonazepam, tranquilizers, and sedatives, are Schedule IV drugs.
- Schedule V. Not highly addictive or likely to be abused, Schedule V includes Tylenol with codeine and other similar prescription drugs.
Note that these are federal laws – state laws can differ. Most important, marijuana is treated very different at the state level than at the federal level.
What Kind of Drug Charge Are You Facing?
There are two main issues that will affect what penalties you might be facing. First will be the schedule of the drug involved, as discussed above. Second will be the particular crime you are accused of. Some of the drug charges we handle most commonly include:
- DUI of drugs
- Drug possession
- Drug manufacturing
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Sale/transportation of drugs
- Prescription fraud
Know that if you are facing a charge you do not see listed, Simmons Wagner, LLP is still the best drug crime attorney Mission Viejo CA – just call us at (949) 439-5857 to get started.
We Are Ready to Act as Your Drug Crime Attorney in Mission Viejo CA
There is no reason to wait to Call Simmons Wagner, LLP at (949) 439-5857 to learn how we can help you. The sooner you contact us, the sooner you will have a drug crime attorney in Mission Viejo CA fighting for you. In fact, if you have not yet had charges filed against you, we might be able to prevent them from ever being filed. Call today to find out how we can help.