Drug Crime Attorney in Los Angeles CA
You Have Found an Experienced Drug Crime Attorney in Los Angeles CA
If you have been charged with a drug crime, then it is essential you find the right drug crime attorney in Los Angeles CA. That is who you have found in Simmons Wagner, LLP. We are experienced as both prosecutors and defense attorneys, and we know how to use that dual background to your benefit. We are committed to our clients and will not rest until we have found the best possible outcome for your case. Call now at (949) 439-5857 to request a free consultation.
There Are Five Drug Classifications
One of the factors that will determine the penalties you face for any drug conviction is which schedule the drug was considered to be. The federal government decides this, and the schedules are:
- The government considers these drugs to have no “legitimate medical use,” to be highly addictive, and to be the most dangerous of all drugs. Examples include heroin, LSD, and mescaline. At a federal level, marijuana remains a Schedule I drug as well.
- Drugs that the government considers might have a legitimate medical use but are highly abused and very addictive, such as cocaine, opium, amphetamines, methadone, and methamphetamines.
- Drugs with a moderate risk of abuse/addiction, but that the government considers less dangerous, are Schedule III. Examples include ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone, and specific depressants.
- Drugs with medical use and only mildly addictive, such as clonazepam, tranquilizers, and sedatives, are Schedule IV drugs.
- Not highly addictive or likely to be abused, Schedule V includes Tylenol with codeine and other similar prescription drugs.
These federal laws can directly contract with state laws, as is true of marijuana laws in California. This is one of the reasons you need an experienced drug crime attorney in Los Angeles CA.
Choose a Drug Crime Attorney in Los Angeles CA who is Experienced with All Types of Drug Crimes
Just as there are many schedules of drug crimes, there are also many types of charges. When you choose Simmons Wagner, LLP, you are choosing an attorney who can help with them all, including:
- Drug possession
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- DUI of drugs
- Sale/transportation of drugs
- Drug manufacturing
- Prescription fraud
Are you facing a drug crime charge for something you do not see listed? Contact us right away, we can likely help.
Call a Drug Crime Attorney in Los Angeles CA Today
Now is the right time to contact a drug crime attorney in Los Angeles CA to find out what your options are. When you Call Simmons Wagner, LLP at (949) 439-5857 for a free legal consultation, we can go over the facts, discuss the evidence, and give you our legal opinion on your best options. Call now and we can get started right away.