Drug Crime Attorney in Irvine CA
Choose an Experienced Drug Crime Attorney in Irvine CA
When you are looking for the right drug crime attorney in Irvine CA, there are a few things to consider. However, you will not find a better option than Simmons Wagner, LLP. With our experience both as prosecutors and as defense attorneys, with our impressive knowledge of drug crimes, and with our total commitment to our clients, you have found the best. Call us now at (949) 439-5857 to request a free legal consultation.
Your Drug Crime Attorney in Irvine CA Should Be Able to Help with Any Classification of Drug Crime
The federal government has split up drugs into schedules based on how serious the government believes the drug to be. The higher the schedule, the more serious the penalty. The schedules are as follows:
- Schedule I. The government considers these drugs to have no “legitimate medical use,” to be highly addictive, and to be the most dangerous of all drugs. Examples include heroin, LSD, and mescaline. At a federal level, marijuana remains a Schedule I drug as well.
- Schedule II. Drugs that the government considers might have a legitimate medical use but are highly abused and very addictive, such as cocaine, opium, amphetamines, methadone, and methamphetamines.
- Schedule III. Drugs with a moderate risk of abuse/addiction, but that the government considers less dangerous, are Schedule III. Examples include ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone, and specific depressants.
- Schedule IV. Drugs with medical use and only mildly addictive, such as clonazepam, tranquilizers, and sedatives, are Schedule IV drugs.
- Schedule V. Not highly addictive or likely to be abused, Schedule V includes Tylenol with codeine and other similar prescription drugs.
Note that these are federal laws – state laws can differ. Most important, marijuana is treated very different at the state level than at the federal level.
Choose a Drug Crime Attorney in Irvine CA who is Experienced with All Types of Drug Crimes
Just as there are many schedules of drug crimes, there are also many types of charges. When you choose Simmons Wagner, LLP, you are choosing an attorney who can help with them all, including:
- Drug possession
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- DUI of drugs
- Sale/transportation of drugs
- Drug manufacturing
- Prescription fraud
Are you facing a drug crime charge for something you do not see listed? Contact us right away, we can likely help.
Call Today for a Specialized Defense from a Drug Crime Attorney in Irvine CA
The fact is simple: there is no single defense option that works for all of these drug charges. Your case might involve a case of mistaken identity or planted evidence. It might be the case that the police did not properly handle the evidence against you and that it can therefore not be legally used against you. It might be that you are guilty of the crime and need an attorney who will fight for the best possible outcome. For any and all drug charges, Call Simmons Wagner, LLP is the one to call – (949) 439-5857.