Drug Crime Attorney in Huntington Beach CA
Talk to a Drug Crime Attorney in Huntington Beach CA Today
There is no time to lose – if you have been accused of or charged with a drug-related offense then we highly recommend you contact a drug crime attorney in Huntington Beach CA today. Keep reading to learn why Simmons Wagner, LLP is the best choice, and then contact us at (949) 439-5857 to request your free consultation.
Your Drug Crime Attorney in Huntington Beach CA Should Be Able to Help with Any Classification of Drug Crime
The federal government has split up drugs into schedules based on how serious the government believes the drug to be. The higher the schedule, the more serious the penalty. The schedules are as follows:
- Schedule I. The government considers these drugs to have no “legitimate medical use,” to be highly addictive, and to be the most dangerous of all drugs. Examples include heroin, LSD, and mescaline. At a federal level, marijuana remains a Schedule I drug as well.
- Schedule II. Drugs that the government considers might have a legitimate medical use but are highly abused and very addictive, such as cocaine, opium, amphetamines, methadone, and methamphetamines.
- Schedule III. Drugs with a moderate risk of abuse/addiction, but that the government considers less dangerous, are Schedule III. Examples include ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone, and specific depressants.
- Schedule IV. Drugs with medical use and only mildly addictive, such as clonazepam, tranquilizers, and sedatives, are Schedule IV drugs.
- Schedule V. Not highly addictive or likely to be abused, Schedule V includes Tylenol with codeine and other similar prescription drugs.
Note that these are federal laws – state laws can differ. Most important, marijuana is treated very different at the state level than at the federal level.
Your Potential Penalty Will Depend Partially on the Specific Charge
The seriousness of a particular drug crime will depend on the schedule of the drug as well as the specific charge. For example, possession for personal use is likely to result in a much more lenient punishment versus a charge for drug trafficking. Some of the drug charges you can get help with include:
- DUI of drugs
- Drug possession
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Sale/transportation of drugs
- Drug manufacturing
- Prescription fraud
Remember that in Simmons Wagner, LLP, you have found a drug crime attorney in Huntington Beach CA who can help with it all.
Call a Drug Crime Attorney in Huntington Beach CA Today
Now is the right time to contact a drug crime attorney in Huntington Beach CA to find out what your options are. When you Contact Simmons Wagner, LLP at (949) 439-5857 for a free legal consultation, we can go over the facts, discuss the evidence, and give you our legal opinion on your best options. Call now and we can get started right away.