Drug Crime Attorney in Dana Point CA
You Have Found an Experienced Drug Crime Attorney in Dana Point CA
If you have been charged with a drug crime, then it is essential you find the right drug crime attorney in Dana Point CA. That is who you have found in Simmons Wagner, LLP. We are experienced as both prosecutors and defense attorneys, and we know how to use that dual background to your benefit. We are committed to our clients and will not rest until we have found the best possible outcome for your case. Call now at (949) 439-5857 to request a free consultation.
Your Drug Crime Attorney in Dana Point CA Should Be Able to Help with Any Classification of Drug Crime
The federal government has split up drugs into schedules based on how serious the government believes the drug to be. The higher the schedule, the more serious the penalty. The schedules are as follows:
- Schedule I. The government considers these drugs to have no “legitimate medical use,” to be highly addictive, and to be the most dangerous of all drugs. Examples include heroin, LSD, and mescaline. At a federal level, marijuana remains a Schedule I drug as well.
- Schedule II. Drugs that the government considers might have a legitimate medical use but are highly abused and very addictive, such as cocaine, opium, amphetamines, methadone, and methamphetamines.
- Schedule III. Drugs with a moderate risk of abuse/addiction, but that the government considers less dangerous, are Schedule III. Examples include ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone, and specific depressants.
- Schedule IV. Drugs with medical use and only mildly addictive, such as clonazepam, tranquilizers, and sedatives, are Schedule IV drugs.
- Schedule V. Not highly addictive or likely to be abused, Schedule V includes Tylenol with codeine and other similar prescription drugs.
Note that these are federal laws – state laws can differ. Most important, marijuana is treated very different at the state level than at the federal level.
We Are Standing by to Help with Any Type of Drug Charge
In addition to many drug schedules that could affect your case, there are also many types of specific charges that make a big difference in how you are charged and any eventual penalties you might face. Some of the most common charges prosecutors file include:
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Drug possession
- Drug manufacturing
- DUI of drugs
- Sale/transportation of drugs
- Prescription fraud
Of course, we can help with additional charges. Know that if you need a drug crime attorney in Dana Point CA, we can help.
You Deserve a Specialized Defense and We Are Here to Provide It
The most important thing to consider when hiring a drug crime attorney in Dana Point CA is how well they can defend you – and that is largely based on how willing they are to give your case the attention it deserves. You need an attorney who will provide a specialized defense. You have found that in Simmons Wagner, LLP. Contact Simmons Wagner, LLP at (949) 439-5857 for your free consultation.